Paal Puttu Recipe
- Urad dal/ ulunthu flour – ¼ cup + 2 tbsp
- Rice flour – ¼ cup
- Coconut milk – ¾ cup
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt, to taste
- Mix ¼ cup urad dal flour and ¼ cup rice flour with salt and hot water and make them into tiny balls.
- Steam the balls and keep aside.
- Heat the coconut milk, with the sugar and salt seasoning, in a pan.
- Add 2 tbsp urad dal flour to the coconut milk as it starts to boil. Stir well.
- As the sauce thickens, add the steamed balls and mix well. Remove pan from stove after a minute or two.